Sunday 10 May 2009

I'm so vain, I probably think this blog is about me...

Culture Vulture was a collaboration between myself and four (sometimes five) other writers. We’d share the reviews, go to the gigs and take the photos. It was a lot of fun. We saw some great bands, heard some top records and met some interesting people. But now, it’s just me. So there’ll be less reviews, less gig reports and far fewer photos. Overall, content will lessen only slightly as instead of a relentless concentration of music related pieces, there’ll an opportunity to do something more personal. I’m not sure if it’ll be interesting to anyone outside of my immediate family and a close circle of friends; indeed, I’m not sure I want my immediate family and the fore mentioned close circle of friends to be reading some of the things that’ll be going up here. We’ll see. Also I’ve always been interested in fiction writing and I’d like to start putting a few things up here. I think the technical term is "vanity publishing". That’s me, a vanity publisher. Sounds just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment